Sunday, December 12, 2010

Richard Lee Elsasser III - "Trey"

Trey was born on November 3, 2010 at 8:19pm. He weighed 7 lbs. 6oz. and 19.5 inches long. We went in on Tues. night to get induced and had him Wed. evening. What a long 2 days...but of course worth it. Trey is now 5 weeks old! And I am finally taking the time to catch up on his birth. :) I've been TIRED!!!

After waiting 24 hours and pushing for 4 hours, my poor little boy had a rough start when he was born as he swallowed his meconium (first bowl movement) before I delivered. They had a whole crew of ER Doctors and nurses working on him as soon as he was born. It was very scary as they were pumping out his lungs. After about 2 hours of checking to make sure he was okay, I finally got to hold him.

For nine months I thought for sure this child was going to come out with black, curly hair and dark brown eyes...but instead when he came out I immediately thought, "He looks exactly like me!" Same eyes, eyebrows, and really deep, blue eyes.

He lovvved to be under the heat lamp, he still loves to be warm to this day. He has had a very "serious" face since he was born, so when he gives you even a "half" smile, I get really excited. :) He is really a love and very cute (in my eyes)...luckily he seems to be photogenic as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, this is my favorite scipture about parenting...
Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it. Proverbs 22:6 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment