Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fundraiser for State Representative...







Tonight we went to a fundraiser for the upcoming state rep, Dr. Schwertner. It was a fun event and really opened my eyes to a lot of issues that are going on in the world. It makes me sad to think of what my child might have to face in the future. A House of Representative spoke as well and it was pretty eye opening. BUT, it made me passionate about keeping positive and trying to make my little circle around me better, that's all we can do. Whining and complaining about the circumstances in the White House do not make things better...my children will only hear that and carry on that message. I want them to carry on a positive, mental attitude towards their community and the U.S. Sounds kinda cheesy, but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment