Saturday, October 9, 2010

Final Baby Shower...and Jeanette's Surprise Visit

JR, YOU ARE OUR 1ST BAMBINO!!!

THE BABY SHOWER WAS A MEG'S HOUSE...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. THE GIRLS DID AN INCREDIBLE JOB. MEG LIVES ON BERRY CREEK GOLF COURSE (HER BACKYARD) AND SHE HAD HER HOME DONE VERY PRETTY FOR THE SHOWER. MEG HAS GIVEN ME MORE BABY ITEMS THAN I COULD EVER IMAGINE. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE HER IN MY LIFE. (By the way, I am not as big as I look in this pic...she just weighs 100 lbs. soaking wet!) LOL!


JON RAMSEY...SUCH A GREAT FRIEND...ALWAYS THERE FOR US!
MILLIE AND FOG, THEY ARE SUCH SPECIAL PEOPLE, I LOVE THEM LIKE FAMILY




Meg, Robin, Leslie, Ashley, Kelly, and Jill put on this baby shower...it was a come and go co-ed shower. Kelly, Derek and kids, Millie and Fog and Ramsey came up from San Antonio. It was really fun. I felt very blessed to have this shower put on by so many wonderful ladies and families. I have never had so many quality people in my life at once! It is amazing and makes me want to be a better person as well!

The night before, Jeanette Wetzel surprised me with a visit from San Diego. We were at Chuy's eating for Gayle's birthday and all of a sudden Jeanette was at our table. It was weird because I never get surprised. But then I was thinking to myself, "Did I know she was coming? Did my pregnant brain just make me forget?" It was funny. We stayed up that night and she helped me get my house back together and organized...she is a VERY clean and organized person. It's like God sent her to me as I was still trying to put the final cleaning touches to my house after the flood. She has been a GOOD friend for so long that I didn't even think twice about her helping, it was just like we were back in San Diego when she would help clean my room and we would talk and talk and talk. She said something to me that really stuck with me. We were talking about how we are both in our late 30's just settling down and having children. She said, "Many of my friends who have been married for 20 years are now feeling like that 'missed out' on so much..." well, Jeanette and I don't have to worry about that! We've turned over every rock and experienced all that life has to offer and we are happy campers right where we are!! We are both so appreciative of our lives. Christi Gruen now lives back in San Diego who was part of our "trio" that hung out with us and it is so nice to talk with her about all of this, too. Very good women. I am blessed.
--------------------------------------------------------------

"If you aren't serving, you're just existing, because life is meant for ministry. "

1 comment:

  1. The baby shower must have been wonderful, as everyone looks very happy in the pictures. Me and my office colleagues are also arranging a surprise baby shower for one of our co-workers. We’ve planned to organize the event at a suitable party space at one of the nearby New York venues this weekend. We really hope that she’ll love the surprise.

    ReplyDelete