Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Birthday...

Well, it's my birthday! October is a pretty jam-packed month for events in the family. My niece, Sammy, has the same birthday. I love that. I can't believe she is 14! That is unbelievable...she is getting really pretty. My Godson, Tyler's birthday is tomorrow!

I actually think we got married a year ago yesterday. We had to get "married" at the Justice of the Paace in Georgetown before going out of the country to Jamaica because of all the paperwork and stipulations...we still consider October 23rd our anniversary, however, I wanted to get married before I turned 36 years old and so I remember waking up the day before my birthday and saying to Rich, "I want to get married today..." I wanted to be 35 years old when I got married and I wanted to be the same age as Rich. HA! I told him I wish I could do the same thing with this baby, so I could say I had the baby when I was 36 years old instead of 37. He just laughs. It sure is hard to believe that we haven't even been married for 1 year!!! What a year!

We went to our first "birthing class" this week...it just teaches you all kinds of information about contractions and other fun stuff (actually pretty boring....) anyway, they did some breathing techniques at the end where we all had to sit on the floor...I had the giggles the whole time becuase I told Rich, "What if I let out a big toot right now??" He started laughing...everyone else in the room was very serious about their breathing. I am such a classy lady...but these are the things that I think about during those times and I can't help it!! Maybe that's why I'm having a boy...LOL!
---------------------------------------------------------------
In my daily scripture from Rick Warren, this statement was wonderful...we have had a lot of people who have died this year and this rings true on how you should live your life:
"What matters is not the duration of your life, but the donation of it. Not how long you lived, but how you lived. "

No comments:

Post a Comment