Sunday, April 25, 2010

3 Months...




This weekend Rich went hunting with Kyle and the Herman boys. They had never been hunting or even shot a gun, so Rich wanted them to experience it. When he came home today he looked at my stomach and said, "I think JR grew!" LOL!!! (meaning my belly got bigger) at least he said my butt hasn't changed. I am looking forward to whether I have a boy or a girl, Rich will take them hunting at a very young age I'm sure...how fun! Chandler shot a bird and he told me, "Mr. Rich stepped on it's head so it wouldn't suffer." Ugh, I almost threw up in my mouth. Rich loves hunting and being in nature more than anyone I've ever known. He is truly in his element with camo, guns, and animals.

Me on the other hand, I was shopping and getting a mani/pedi with Robin and Emery. It was fun! I truly need some new pants. It reminds me of when I was in college and my mom had to make a special trip so that we could go shopping for the FRESHMAN 20 lbs I had gained!

I can't believe I only have about 6 months until I have this baby! That is crazy! I better start working on the room or doing something to prepare before I get bigger and am unable to do the things I want. I hurt my back badly the other day moving mulch bags and teaching kickboxing, so I told myself that I will not be worrying about "MY BODY" but I will concentrate on being healthy for my baby. So, not worrying about my body is a new concept for me. I will take on many new challenges and I can't wait!!!

This week my nieces got new baby chicks (they are farm girls!!!) and Sammy had her first competition in pole vaulting!!! She tied the school record and she was excited. I love that girl...she is so courageous and doesn't care what people think.
----------------------------------------------------------
I read some notes on a speech that Colt McCoy's dad made the other day...I thought it was so profound that I wanted to take the best parts of this and hopefully use it in my children's lives:

Proverbs 22:6: "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."

Proverbs 23:13, "Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you punish him with the rod, he will not die."

"Prepare to be our best." He cited 1 Corinthians 9:24, "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize."

"Do your best and be a leader!"

"Expect to Win, Play to Win."

We don't aim high and miss - as we would like to believe. In fact, most times, we aim low and hit the mark! As parents, he implored us not to aim low! Aim high!!!

He then said that how we spend our time and money is a direct reflection on where our true priorities lie.

"Thoughts become things." Don't let anyone walk in your mind with dirty feet.


"Prepare for Open and Closed Doors."


"My positive energy must be better than my negative energy. My certainty must be me stronger than my doubt. The battle is won before I ever start the fight. I choose faith over fear. Leave a legacy of excellence, love, dedication and service.

I never question what God does. God is in control of my life and if nothing else, I am standing on the Rock!"

On Christ the solid Rock I stand, All other ground is sinking sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment