Friday, April 30, 2010

Thoughts About my Childhood



Yesterday I was having lunch with my girlfriend, Meg. She is married to a cardiologist and so we were at her Country Club having salmon and rice pilaf (when I told Rich he just rolled his eyes)... Anyway, we were talking about us both being the youngest in our family and if we think we were spoiled. I know I was! (She definitely was, too). I told Meg that I remembered when my sister went off to college my mom and I went shopping every single weekend (if not almost every DAY). Meg replied, "Ohhh, probably because she didn't want you to be sad that your sister was gone!" I started laughing so hard my water almost came out my nose. I love my sister, but I am thinking that's not why we went. :) Sometimes we would keep the bags in the car for days until it was safe so my dad wouldn't see them (after talking with many friends, they all did the same thing to hide their bags from their dads!!!) Sorry dad! I already do this with Rich. Even if we were millionares I think I would still do this (men don't understand the shopping thing). Funny thing is now I hide my McDonald's and Taco Bell bags from him because I'm embarrassed!!!! :)

I was talking with my Bootcamp class yesterday and I was telling them I remember when I was young telling my mom to time me as I set up an obstacle course for myself. I would flip over the couch 5x, do 20 sit ups, push ups, jump in and out of a laundry basket, run around the house 2x, and I'm sure much more. They were all laughing because they said, "You were a Bootcamp instructor in training!" :) Anyway, I always think about these little things and wonder if this baby will love sports and working out and maybe we can do races with him.

I'm off to a closing (YES!) and I am hoping my new bed comes today!!! I have never been so excited for a bed in all my life!!! It is a Tempurpedic adjustable bed...this is the excitement of my days right now! WAHOO!
---------------------------

Thought for the day
The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions.

-- William F. Scolavino

No comments:

Post a Comment